- Destinations: Taiwan and China
- Dates: Arrival by either May 15 or 16
- Cost: Approximately $3,000 per person for airfare to Taiwan. Airfare from Taiwan to China may be more. Room and board are donation based. Please also bring enough money for donations and general spending.
- Donations: 5-day retreat is donation based. Please reserve some money for this.
- Who: Guo Gu will be leading the pilgrimage and retreat. His students and colleagues in the Zen tradition are welcome.
- US residents do not need a visa for Taiwan but may need one for Mainland China
- For all other countries (including for mainland China), a visa may be required
Taiwan Trip Details
The trip to Taiwan will include a multi-day intensive meditation retreat at the Dharma Drum Mountain location in Taipei, followed by some travel in Taiwan.
- Location: Dharma Drum Mountain (DDM), Taiwan
- Retreat: Multi-day intensive meditation retreat (May 17-21) held at DDM in the Chan Hall (can hold up to 150 people)
- Accommodations: Modern and beautiful amenities, two/three people per room
- Activities: Stay at the Dharma Drum Mountain temple in Taiwan, visit other branch monasteries, interact with the DDM monastic sangha, and visit Taipei city.
- Notes: Participants are responsible for their own airfare. Please plan to arrive at the international airport in Taipei around the same time to coordinate transportation to DDM. More information to come later
China Trip Details
- Location: Two monasteries associated with Chan masters Hongzhi and Dahui
- Dates: 4+ days in China, leaving after May 21
- Notes: Participants are responsible for their own airfare. The group will leave together from Taipei sometime after May 21 and there may be an option to stay several days after China (this is tentatively being explored.)