- Relax and enjoy the present moment.
- Be gentle in your movements, and stay within your own physical limitations.
- Use kind words and speak in low voice.
- Be considerate for self and others.
- Arrive early to get settled or receive instructions on meditation. Wait in the foyer to join the next sitting period if you arrive late.
- Turn off your cellphones and remove noisy jewelry.
- Avoid using perfume or strong scented products.
- Be responsible for your belongings and valuables.
- Be still during sittings—try not to move too much. If you must, relaxingly and quietly move once.
- Walk in a clock-wise direction in the Chan Hall. Enter and exit the Chan Hall on the left door.
- Exit only after the sitting, exercises, or walking meditation is over.
- Avoid harm of any kind to self and others.
- Cultivate all virtues.
- Support all beings without attachment.